In April 2006 I wrote and dedicated this poem to a special person who never left the mountain. My friend Lorena.

This time I would like to dedicate these words to all my true friends. They know who they are.

I wrote it in my mother tongue, Italian. Following is the English translation

Amicizia

Nel cammino dell'amicizia
le parole servono per chiarire,

ma l'incontro piu' profondo avviene,
in quei momenti silenziosi,
dove le montagne toccano il cielo
e il cuore si sente sprofondare,
piacevolmente,
nella serenita' solida del sentirsi capiti.

Il percorso della vita va fatto
nella realta' piu' intima,
in solitudine,

ma e' bello sapere di avere accanto
una dolce, significativa, leggiadra
amica.


Friendship

In the path of friendship words help,
sometime,
to communicate clearly,

but the deeper meeting happens,
in those silent moments
when the mountains touch the sky
and the heart immerses itself,
pleasantly deep,
in the grounded serenity
to be understood

The walk of life must be done,
in its innermost reality,
in solitude,

but is beautiful to know
to have close to me a
sweet, meaningful, lovely
friend.

Labels: ,