To my dear Gerhard 
*03.05.1922 †09.11.2010
†09.11.

It was weeks I wanted to call you,
I thought of you everyday
the silence from your side made me wondering 
are you still with us beloved friend?
In some ways I knew no-one could pick up that phone
Now I cry for the loss
in pain for not being there to say goodbye.

Tears are running and won't stop.
I know you are taken care of
still the ache in my heart is unbearable 
for not having seen you one more time.
Words are not enough to say how much I miss you

 You said it so well:
"The rest is silence" (Shakespeare)
Your last email 31-7- 2010:





Dear Milena , 
ich bin seit gestern vorübergehend wieder zuhause und kann daher auch e- mailen . Es ist - dank auch Deiner lieben Fürbitten to  the Lord - alles recht gut abgelaufen! 
Ich bin sehr froh d a s  sagen zu dürfen ! Herzlichen Dank für Deine lb. Karten in beide Kliniken , sie haben mir sehr geholfen in dem Bewusstsein, Freunde zu haben, die sich um mein Hiersein Sorgen !!! - Ich bin bis Ende August h i e r , um dann für 14 Tage bis 3 Wochen in die Rekonvaleszenz nach Oberstaufen im Allgäu zu gehen , um mich dort  dann endgültig auszukurieren . 
Ich freue mich, dass Dein / Euer Pilger=tripp offensichtlich gut verlaufen ist und Du wieder in A - DAM erreichbar bist. Mit dem Wunsche für eine schönes Weekend verbleibe ich für heute
mit einem herzlichen Gruß und Love

                                                         Gerhard.



I wish I could hold your hands one more time and look into your lively eyes and with a smile saying how much I love you. 
It will take a while to stop my tears running down my face at the thought of you not more with us.
May each of this tear 
take you peacefully and graciously in God's hands 
behind that door into the other side.
Finally resting
in divine silence.


We both love poetry and the life of Saints
we shared a sweet, deep friendship that will never be forgotten.
I hope you will remember me when you are with the Angels above

May you rest in deep peace my beloved Gerhard
till we meet again.

You loved R. M. Rilke so much. I found this for you:


Schlußstück



"Der Tod ist groß
Wir sind die Seinen,
Lachenden Munds.
Wenn wir uns mitten im Leben meinen
Wagt er zu weinen
Mitten in uns."

(Rainer Maria Rilke 1875-1926)



crossing the bridge

"From sleep we wake 
eternally
and death shall be 
no more"
(John Donne 1572-1631)

Labels: , ,