Today exactly one month after my birthday, the 27 September I gave myself the best present for my body anniversary.
It is more then a present, it is truly the grace of God that lead me to hike the Mount Luco, 26 years after the near death experience caused by a car hitting my body at 100 km an hour. A body that endured great pain to regain the ability to move again. A body that still is not free from discomfort, but all the aches and limitations are forgotten in a moment of ecstasy like today.
Because today, again after 26 years I made it to the top. And indeed it was the sweetest flight of my soul.

Milena on top of Mount Luco (Laugen Spitze)

I have no words to convey the depth of feelings I experience today when exhausted after a long strenuous hike in solitude, I embraced the cross on top of my most beloved mountain on earth.
I cried for a long time, sobbing like a baby for the overwhelming joy and intensity of blessings deep in my soul. I couldn't stop. Two German trekkers worried asked me: Ist es alles in Ordnung? ( are you all right?). After the third time they asked with a smile and my wet face I turned around and said "very all right!"

self made pix in the shadow of the cross

Nothing can compare to the magnitude I was feeling in my heart. I don't expect anyone to understand and it is really not important to be understood by others. I let go since long to that kind of emotional lullaby. The intimacy of my thoughts and the sincerity of my prayers are enough for me to fill me with delightful gratitude for the gift of being alive. Life is really, to me, an incredible journey and I must admit that His presence had been the best companion I could ever had. No lover, friend and family can ever bring you to the rich satisfaction of the longing to be in His arms.
Today that longing has melted a part of my heart that was hurting and for some delicate moments which felt like eternity, time stopped and I tasted paradise.

Heaven on earth, heaven on top of Mt. Luco.

My soul was kissed
and God danced with me

in the small place in my chest.

Oh how sweet is the taste of gratitude

which transforms the most bitter tears

in holy water,
purifying each thought
in a feast of sacredness
,
a bridal banquet
where the loved one
disappears
in the Beloved

and the rapture continues
.
A breathtaking view towards the Maddalene chain-the little Tibet -

Labels: , ,